NFS Shares on Server 2012
Install NFS File Services
- Launch Server Manager.
- On the top menu, click Manage.
- Click Add Roles and Features.
- On the Before you begin screen, click Next.
- On the Select installation type screen, ensure Role-based or feature-based installation is selected, and then click Next.
- On the Server selection screen, click Next.
- On the Select server roles screen, expand File and Storage Services, expand File and iSCSI Services, and then check Server for NFS.
- Click Next.
- If an Add features that are required for Server NFS dialog box appears, click Add Features.
- On the Select feature screen, click Next.
- Confirm the installation details, and then click Install.
Configure an NFS Share
- Launch File Explorer.
- Create a new directory for your NFS share.
- Right-click the directory and click Properties.
- Select the NFS Sharing tab.
- Under the NFS Sharing tab, click the Manage NFS Sharing… button
- Check the Share this folder check box.
- Enter a name into the Share name text field. This will be used when a user connects to your NFS share.
- Click the Permissions button.
- Click Add and then enter the IP address or hostname of the client(s) you want to allow connections to. When added, you may also select whether they have readwrite access or read-only access.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- You now have a simple NFS share hosted on a Windows Server 2012 R2 box.
You cannot comment on this entry